DSA President, Alison Jimenez, will be a speaker for the upcoming Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) webinar “Spotting and Removing Problem Employees.” The live webinar will be held May 13th from 12:00-2:00 EST. Registration is available through the ACAMS website. A full description of the webinar can be found below.
Spotting and Removing Problem Employees
When: May 13 | 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
Institutions don’t commit fraud, launder money or violate sanctions – people do. Sometimes an institution’s employees are unwitting accomplices, but the harsh reality is that disgruntled workers can also go rogue. This program brings together experienced financial and human resources professionals, providing tips on identifying trouble – and troublemakers – before they create serious compliance headaches for your institution.
- Identifying and isolating the problem
- Determining investigation goals and methods
- Creating cooperative strategies with regulators and law enforcement
Employee Due Diligence
Key takeaways include:
- Depository Institutions are required to file SARs when“directors, officers, employees, agents or other institution-affiliated parties having committed or aided in the commission of a criminal act, regardless of the amount involved in the violation.”
- SARs were filed on almost 20,000 institution affiliated individuals from July 2012 – December 2013
- The most common type of Insider Suspicious Activity was embezzlement/defalcation
- #1 red flag for Employee fraud is “living beyond means”
- Proactive data monitoring of Employees results in the greatest decrease in amount lost to fraud