Alison Jimenez, president of Dynamic Securities Analytics, authored “Migrant Smuggling: What Financial Institutions Need to Know” published today by Thomson Reuter’s Legal Executive Institute. Human Smuggling SARs were analyzed to provide insight on reporting trends.
- Defines Migrant / Human Smuggling
- Describes how migrant smuggling organizations operate
- Discusses payment methods and transactions involved in migrant/human smuggling
- Analyzes Human Smuggling Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to provide insight on how financial institutions are responding to this issue
- Identifies emerging financial typologies that should be incorporated into detection scenarios
For a detailed analysis of Human Smuggling SARs see DSA’s full report below: